Thursday, 14 March 2013

Progress?

I finally plucked up the courage to go back to counselling after a two week gap. I went home the first week but the second week I was really ill and I just didn't feel up to it. Anyway I went. I realised. I am.

Thinking of myself last year or 8 months ago is nothing to where I am now. Even though I don't consider myself cured I think I'm safe I am finally normal I don't have the need or desire to restrict to the point of no return neither do I have recurring thoughts of suicide. Now and again I have bad days granted really low days but I'm the survivor of my own story and you know what? It's taken me 4 and a half years to get to this point. Stability. I said, which she noted, that I have hope in the fact that I am stable but I still am hopeless in the way that I don't think there is any better than just ok.
let me take you back to September when I first came to uni. I was out of control, losing my virginity, self harmed and befriended a weirdo of the internet who subsequently stalked me.

 http://therearetwoofmenow.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/i-dont-think-i-could-hate-myself-more.html
...
A year ago. I was working back home not really having any real hope except going to uni. Every day was a huge struggle sleeping hours on end just so I didn't have to be conscious.

http://therearetwoofmenow.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/i-see-you-not-satisfied.html
...
can you see the difference? Or am I just imagining this?
...
I have a busy week ahead so apologises if I'm absent. Charity event fri, working uni shop then waitressing sat, sun I'm going to a friends to do a shoot mon morning 7-9am then train home, working 26hrs back at my old job, then uni shop n waitressing again sat then waitressing sun. So as you can tell I'm busy working my arse off. :( It's better I keep busy rather than be here in this hell hole.

All my Love,
ER
xx

8 comments:

  1. i am happy that you see your own progress.

    because it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks, right?

    xx
    Lulu
    Breakfast After 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I value your opinion and others that follow me
      xx

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're doing okay. Don't look back. Just tread on.

    ✗ℴ ♡

    +To Me It Matters+

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post has made my day girl. I am floored and so happy that not only have you made distinct progress, but you can see the positive in you yourself. I can't click the links to your blog because I'm on my phone, and I seriously need to catch up on this stalker character that you mentioned I look forward to it tonight. Well, not look forward to because he's a creep, but you know?
    I love that line, 'We are survivors of our own story'. That resinated with me very strongly. We are survivors, and it is our story, our past, that haunts us and chases us and becomes our demons that we can only survive. We may never be fantastic or wonderful-feeling, but there will be days that we feel over-the-moon ecstatic. Same as there will be days we feel we are in the bottom of the ocean. It's part of surviving our stories and we have to ride each one out like a wave, and hold onto the memory that 'things will get better' and appreciate the greatness because 'i have come so far from the bottoms of my sorrow' to make it through.
    I loved reading this post, and I'm filled with so much joy for you ER, looks like you got your hands full too! Best of luck with everything this weekend, keep on smiling!
    love always xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow thank you so much for your beautiful comment this has made my day!
      idk what I'm saying by this post not proclaiming just a statement look how much I've gone through and I'm still here today
      which is what I realised in counselling I've grown up and I cant be the same 18 year old being depressed.
      Its time to keep moving forwards...keep making progress however small
      much love always
      xx

      Delete
  4. I was so happy to read this. I am so glad that you are feeling better, and that you are healing from everything, even if its slow, its progress. I can't tell you how happy I am after reading this. I love you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its definitely a progress a long hard time
      but theres also a twisted comfort in sadness
      love you tooo!
      xx

      Delete

I told you to be patient and I told you to be kind...