If I didnt have depression I wouldn't be where I am now.
If I didn't have depression I wouldn't have wanted to kill myself a million times over.
If I didn't have depression I wouldn't have been so obessed with torturing my body with blades and burns.
If I didn't have depression I wouldn't have wanted to starve myself or watch my body eat itself.
If I didn't have depression I wouldn't have had a breakdown at uni.
If I didn't have depression I wouldn't have quit uni.
If I didn't have depression I wouldn't have applied again to run 200 miles away from home.
If I didn't have depression I wouldn't hate my existence.
If I didn't have depression I wouldn't have to live in this prison at uni.
If I didn't have depression I wouldn't have no idea who the hell I was or who I wanted to be what job I wanted to fulfill.
...
If I didn't have depression I wouldn't have met the most amazing people.
If I didn't have depression I wouldn't have learnt the important things I have in life.
If I didn't have depression I wouldn't have fell in love.
If I didn't have depression I wouldn't be able to make a difference to peoples lives with campaigning about depression awareness.
If I didn't have depression I wouldn't be where I am now.
All my love,
ER
xx
I immediately started thinking of good reasons, which I'm glad to see you ended with a few :]
ReplyDeleteThere's always something positive to be found, don't forget to search for it no matter how apperent the bad is.
Love you hon, always xx
i agree its had to see the positives but at least i saw some
Deletelove you xxx
Beautifully written, and very true. If we hadn't been touched by mental illness, we wouldn't be who we are now, for better and for worse.
ReplyDeletexx
thank you
Deletewe are who we are in deed xx
You are so strong <3
ReplyDelete